What Is a Content Management System?
Content management systems facilitate the management of internal corporate documentation and information, web site content, and group collaboration. A content management system is built as a central repository, which holds all content, metadata, accessibility and workflow rules, and supporting information. Organizations that establish processes and disciplines around these systems can ensure smooth and efficient acquisition, maintenance, delivery, and archiving of corporate content resources.
Content Management System Business Drivers and Benefits :
- Comply with regulatory requirements for corporate records and documentation.
- Keep corporate messaging consistent.
- Improve collaboration on project-related content.
- Make corporate documents easily accessible to the right people.
- Save time by reusing content.
Why do we use a content management system?
Web sites were, in the past, built and maintained by a handful of persons within a company. The process of publishing text was a fairly simple process. Most web sites were simply electronic versions of a company brochure and understanding HTML was necessary to make even simple changes to single words on the web site. This process of maintaining web sites was labor intensive and not only made it difficult for other IT departments to publish content, but interfered with the use of other IT skills and products. Now-a-days the Internet, intranets, and extranets are dynamic with internal and external information about the company and its products, business solutions, and services.
This information cannot be maintained by only a few people, moreover maintaining it would take too much time to deploy as new content to the Internet. Content within organizations and on the web continues to grow exponentially. Organizations are struggling with maintaining their web sites and locating, and sharing a variety of content. Today organizations need more than simple content delivery. Businesses need to maximize their processes and optimize their value. Improving business efficiency, reducing costs, and operating risks motivate the implementation of content management systems. Enterprise content management helps organizations accomplish this by enabling better access to the content, optimizing their business processes, and connecting database applications with the actual people.
What are the benefits of using a CMS?
- A CMS allows a company to realize several benefits; it
- Improves customer satisfaction by having correct information.
- Maintains a high level of quality and consistent information on the web.
- Enhances productivity by permitting for content to be re-used over multiple web sites.
- Enhances productivity of webmasters in the areas of redesign and functionality.
- Results in faster response time.
- Facilitates controlled workflow, built up around the company's processes and policies.
- Leads to increase productivity among employees.
Meet the business goals with the requirements:
Before one looks to investing in a CMS, it is important to clearly define business goals. Defining what is important to meet immediate business needs, as well as long-term goals is often cited as the most challenging of tasks for an organization. What does the business want to accomplish by implementing a CMS? The answer to this needs to reflect the long-term strategies of the organization.To define the business goals, the organization should perform a thorough analysis and ask itself some questions that well define its requirements. You need to understand what goals and expectations you have that drives the need for a CMS. What problems will the CMS solve? What is the cause of these problems in the first place and what is the anticipated impact of the CMS on your organization? The scope of the CMS will need to be well defined also. Boundaries for the business goals will need to be set. If the scope is too broad, too many vendors will meet the criteria. This only hampers the selection process.After defining the business goals, the requirements need to be gathered. Your business goals should provide a clear view into the requirements. Each and every single requirement should reflect a specific business goal. It is important that not only short term requirements are met, but also future requirements should be taken into consideration when selecting a CMS.Make sure you structure your requirements into categories, such as content creation, content management, and content delivery. This will make the list more manageable. It should cover all aspects of the CMS life cycle.
Our CMS ( customize software System) is one of the world leading web content management system for art and technical worker. We have in.NET based and also PHP based solution. CMS transforms static websites into powerful sales, marketing and customer service platforms. Saudi Softech is the leading supplier of web-solutions that enable true web engagement and drive business results for end users.Customers can use the world wide this software , configure both Servers Linux and Window independently.
Customize software for web-solutions ,very secure and flexible and on time uploading products, with graphic support. we briefly introduce our software features as below:
- Content management.
- Site management.
- Site Search.
- Global Navigation.
- Dashboard with Gadget support.
- Dynamic content.
- Content Categories.
- Multiple support.
- form management.
- Image Editing.
Content Archiving Rich Text Editing:
- Version Management.
- Multi link property.
- Preview of dynamic content.
- Support for internal support explorer,Firefox on both MAC and PC.
- Scheduling Publishing.
- workflow and process management.
- Microsoft Office integration and Publishing.
- Page management.
- Blog, support for Meta weblog API
- Content Channel
- Report Center.
Optional and development management
- Powerful API ( application program interface )
- Net based And PHP based.
- Visual studio integration.
- SQL Server Support and MY- SQL.
- User Management.
- Access right for content and files.
- Functionality Access Rights.
- Role and Membership provider.
- Visitor segmentation.
- Segmentation statistics.
- Portal solution.
- User Preference.
- User and member registration.
- File and Document Management.
- File management.
- File versioning.
- Uniform file system.
- document management.
- Search system of document.
- File Meta Data.
- Load balancing.
- Staging using high performing mirroring.
- Customer page provider.
- Multi site Provider.
- WSRP support ( web service for Remote Port let).
- Supported in IPAD and mobile application.